Community Marketing Internship
Opportunities for Youth (OFY) is an ASU initiative in the Center for Human Capital and Youth Development, under the College of Public Service and Community Solution. Its goal is to reengage Maricopa County young adults ages 16-24 who are not working and not in school, and support them in their pursuit for success by connecting them with the resources and opportunities for professional and personal development.
Reporting to the Marketing Specialist, the OFY Community Engagement Intern will work as a part of the marketing team to produce engaging content that will bring awareness to the opportunities and services OFY and its partner organizations provides for young adults. This person will do this by helping to developing engaging content for the organization, overseeing the OFY social media pages, and helping to implement program specific marketing campaigns aimed at increasing brand awareness and trust, program enrollment and community engagement.
The Community Engagement Intern will also aid in the development of organizational content such as: articles, press releases, videos, infographics, and digital content. This person will gain experience working with a variety of agencies and organization to develop campaigns and opportunities for young adults across Maricopa County. The intern will also receive regular career development opportunities and coaching from the Intern Supervisor who will provide performance feedback and identify opportunities for academic and professional growth.
This position will have the opportunity to network with youth development representatives from various government agencies, academic institutions and non-profit organizations, and will have the opportunity to learn about the various opportunities available to them after graduation.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
(This is not an all-inclusive list of all position duties that may be required; intern will also be given additional opportunities based on their interest and the need of OFY)
- Oversee the OFY social media accounts & maintain online presence across all platforms (Website, social, email, etc.)
- Develop campaign-specific content for promotional purposes
- Design outreach handouts and other graphics
- Update and maintain content based on organizational changes
Minimum education and/or experience:
- Pursuing BS/BA in Marketing, Graphic Information Technology, Business, Journalism and Mass Communication, Communications, English
- GPA of 3.0 or higher, preferred but not required.
- Junior or Senior standing, but will consider all class levels
- Interest in community outreach and development; helping OFY make a difference in the lives of young adults in our local community.
- Have previous experience with, or the willingness to learn how to use design equipment and software to develop creative content (e.g. graphics, videos, etc.)
- Have excellent writing skills, and an understanding of how to engage various audience types.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Understanding of latest social media trends and platforms
- Skill with verbal and written communication.
- Skill developing process and procedures.
- Skill setting goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintaining effective working relationships with program participants and partners
- Ability to use initiative and judgment to work independently while recognizing matters that will require management's awareness.
- Ability to exercise resourcefulness in addressing new problems.
- Ability to set priorities to meet established, as well as, changing deadlines.
- Ability to manage scope and change as it occurs within a project.
- Ability to work as part of a team and build strategic relationships for professional development.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
Work typically occurs in an office environment, but will include community outreach activities from time to time. This position requires careful attention to detail and thoroughness in completing work tasks; honest and ethical; reliable, responsible, and dependable in fulfilling obligations; and pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
This position will pay a stipend in the amount of $1,000 that will be paid in four payments over the course of the semester.